Marine Geospatial Ecology Tools
Download the open-source geoprocessing toolbox to help solve a wide variety of marine research, conservation, & spatial planning problems.
What is it?
Marine Geospatial Ecology Tools (MGET) is a free, open-source geoprocessing toolbox that can help you solve a wide variety of marine research, conservation, and spatial planning problems. MGET plugs into ArcGIS and can perform tasks such as:
- Accessing oceanographic data from ArcGIS
- Identifying ecologically-relevant oceanographic features in remote sensing imagery
- Building predictive species distribution models
- Modeling habitat connectivity by simulating hydrodynamic dispersal of larvae
- Detecting spatiotemporal patterns in fisheries and other time series data
- For a quick overview, please see our latest Overview Presentation (PPTX, PDF)
- For a detailed description of MGET’s design and examples of its usage, please see our papers and those by our users
- For a list of tools within MGET and typical use cases, please see the ArcGIS Tutorial
- For a worked example of one popular use case, please see this downloadable species distribution modeling example